Friday, November 13, 2009

Life is a journey of humility

I believe life is a journey of humility.The more I know the more I seem to not know. I believe faith grows as we work it out in our daily lives (that it is more than what we think or say but how we live).

I believe that we are all ok...in this sense that we are all on a journey. I believe that by seeking truth, we'll find it (when we seek it with all our hearts).

At the same time, I believe that we are all not ok... that there is a brokenness in this world, in everyone and that all things break down over time. I believe that there is a general cry for wholeness and satisfaction, for community and purpose.

I believe in Jesus' redeeming love for the whole word. I strive for his perfect kingdom to come and his will to be done on earth as it is in heaven, daily. I believe this means a right relationship again with God,my creator, and a right relationship with other people and with creation as it was meant to be in the beginning.

It's not all that I believe because I'm afraid to go to hell or that I'm trying to out weight my bad deeds with good...I want to have a growing relationship with Jesus because when I give him control of my life, trust that he is all-knowing, powerful and good, life is better- more full of love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, gentleness and self control.

I am still trying to figure out a lot of things but it helps to believe in something bigger than myself, consistent and gracious. This world is a sad place and I don't know what I would do without the hope that I've found in Jesus.

Adriel

No comments:

Post a Comment