Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What faith means to me

Faith is knowledge of things that are not seen but that are true. For example, if I have faith that the sun will rise tomorrow (something I haven't seen) I will live my life accordingly. I may plant a seed or plan on spending time outside. Likewise, if I have faith in the existence of God I will act with the knowledge that he exists even though I have never seen him.

Faith grows as we act on it. If we don't act on our faith it will die (see James 2:14-20 in the Bible).

I have faith in Jesus Christ: that he died and then conquered death. I have faith that because of Jesus Christ I will live again after I die and that I can live with my Heavenly Father. I have faith that God communicates with us though a living prophet, through scriptures like the Bible and The Book of Mormon, and through our prayers.

Because I have faith in these things I try to live my life in a way that shows I know they are true. I don't always succeed, but I do the best I can. I feel my faith grow the more I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment